Re: cost of coggins

In a message dated 98-05-14 08:57:22 EDT, spencer@inu.net writes:

<< But let us face it,
 if one was making $5/test and then gets to do 500 instead of 100, it gives
 profit just from the increased #.  >>

Nope, do the math.  To do more of them takes more time, and takes away from
the parts of practice where one might actually make a living.  I only do
Coggins tests for regular clients--can't afford to do them for just the public
at large.  Would have to charge at least $10 or $15 more if I did.  I am
working 12+ hours a day this time of year anyway, seven days a week because
most of my practice is breeding.  I will not even make a separate farm call
for a Coggins test this time of year, but will do them while on the farm to do
repro work.

Heidi Smith, DVM