From: BMcCrary27 <BMcCrary27@aol.com>
To: katswig@deltanet.com
Cc: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: Re: riding clothes
Date: Wednesday, May 13, 1998 5:33 PM

<< There are other reasons for not wearing a helmet other than hairdo, ego
or
 image.  The IS a safety issue to be considered, what you may be risking is
 your neck (some people would consider that a toss up).

Most of the prople that I've talked to resist wearing helmets beacuse of
image, ego, or simply "I love the feeling of the wind in my hair". You
mention
the neck - IS there an increased risk to the neck from wearing a helmet?
I've
heard a hint of this but I would be interested to know if it is considered
proven fact, or even a strong tendency.

BMc