Re: "Deep " seats

Raymond O'Donohue wrote:

> I see some Aussie and dressage seats referred to as having deep seats,but I
> am skeptical.A high cantle,perhaps coupled with a short seat length and a
> fast rising pommel area may feel nice,but if the distance
> from yer buns to the horse's spine isn't any closer,that seat is snug,not
> "deep".Comments?

I agree! My aussie....and from what I've seen, many others, achieve a "deep"
seat by raising the rider higher off the horse's back and building up leather
all around. Very comfortable for rider for the "snug" feeling, but rider is
not closer to the horse's spine. Maybe this is not what they are referring to
by "deep"? Anyone else know?--
Deanne Del Vecchio & Gabe~~who doesn't like the Aussie, the BOZ is better!
(flat, level seat, a mere 2-3 inches(?) from the back)