Re: Just curious/survival skills (Was: search & rescue/kicking incident)

I have ridden two miles with hypothermia and badly torn ligaments in a
leg--not an experience I care to repeat, but was in a spot where I was not
likely to get help.  You do what you have to do, but if having help come to
you is an option, it is certainly preferable.  Especially with broken
bones--one can cause more damage by moving and riding out, so that option
should only be utilized if there are absolutely no others.

Heidi