Skowronek Question/Arkansas Jihad

Teddy,

Skowronek was owned by Crabbet and pure Crabbets can indeed have
Skowronek blood. As a breeder of pure, or straight Crabbets, I assure
you a Skowronek-bred horse fits the definition. The article by Carol
Mulder on our web site (menu at bottom, Crabbet) goes into this.

Pure Crabbets with Skowronek are not Sheykh Obeyd, only the Doyle and
Malouf horses are S.O. Was this what you meant, implying that horses
with Skowronek blood are of questionable purity?

And so we don't stray too far--quite a few of the early Crabbet imports
to the US were used for endurance. I recently finished reading Tribes of
the Euphrates, by Lady Anne Blunt (actually by Wilfred, based on her
journals), in which she spoke of watering the horses once a day in the
desert and letting them drink their fill-not quite how things are done
today. Anyone interested, please e-mail me off the list.

Now, back to my habitual lurk mode while waiting for my 3-year-old mare
to mature.

Susan Felker, member, Board of Directors, Eastern Crabbet Arabian Horse
Society
Black Ridge Arabians
http://www.swva.net/blackridge