Re: weigh stations/legal classification of horse trailers

> powerstroke.   Sure, I could go license the thing, there's no restriction
> against that.  But, then I'd be required to pay $400-500 in property tax a
> year.   I've always felt pretty lucky to be able to get away with this
> luxury, but, how will this affect us in weigh stations if we are forced to
> stop.   And, with all this crackdown in general, how will the state troopers
> outside of Kentucky view us?
>
> Susan

I think if I were you, I'd be more concerned about insurance coverage --
if you should license it, but don't, I suspect any insurance you carry
would not pay up in the event of an accident, because an unlicensed
vehicle has no legal right to be on the road in the first place.  If
you're not required to license, I dunno, but I'd definitely find out, if
I were in your place.  Could be you're paying insurance premiums for
nothing -- you're not actually covered anyway. :)

Glenda & Lakota
Mobile, AL