Re: Weigh Stations & Horse Trailers

On Sun, 10 May 1998 20:21:52 -0700, "Steph Teeter" <step@fsr.com>
wrote:

>This could probably be discussed outside of Ridecamp....

Well, it could.  But you know, I skipped over a couple dozen posts
before coming to this thread, and then read every one of these.
Nearly every endurance rider hauls across state lines.

You can't ride an endurance ride without getting to the ride.

Now, I think Terry's had the trouble she has because she is hauling
with a Freightliner -- not only a truck normally used only for
commerical hauling, but easily recognizable as such.  I've passed
right by many weigh stations that have signs such as "all towed
vehicles must stop" without stopping -- under the assumption that they
really mean commercial towed vehicles.  If I'm wrong, I'd like to find
out *before* getting a ticket.

Although from what I've read so far I believe it is rarely necessary
for pickups/motorhomes with trailers to stop -- Jerry made a good
point about more riders going to the big rigs.  This is important
information, and "taking it to private e-mail" will get it only to the
handfull of people discussing it and leave the other 1,000 of us out.
I'm glad it's here.

--

Joe Long
jlong@mti.net