BLOODLINES

To say Arab bloodlines do NOT have anything to do with endurance is almost
like saying horses don't have much to do with endurance.   This is NOT to
say that only Arabs can DO endurance, but let us face it the ARABIAN is the
PRIMARY breed or part breed of horse that does WELL in endurance.  SO THIS
IS ON LINE--IMHO!!  Certain traits and characateristics ARE inherited!!
Everyone of us as a human being has some good and some not so good ones.
Same with the horses.   Only by studying those can the bad be minimized and
the good promoted.   Sometimes it is just a crap shoot!  BUT it is related
to the sport of endurance.  There many breeds of horses with their own
special abilities.  Most were developed for that speciality.  MOST have
Arab in their ancestry!  Selective breeding programs have been used in all
breeds.   One of the most impure breeds there is, is the APHA, a branch off
the AQHA.   Here is something to add fuel to the argument.  If I breed my
APHA mare to 1) AQHA or 2)APHA or 3) Reg Thoroughbred, I can register the
foal APHA.  BUT if I breed to my Arabian purebred stallion, I can not
register the foal except 1/2 Arab or pinto(if colors out).   So why is the
APHA got their head in the sand!  JUST POLITICS!  Just an example.   Yes, I
can campaign my paint mare endurance, but she will never be very
competitive in endurance.  But that 1/2 Arab paint changes the picture,
unless it ends up with too much of the quarter horse muscling.   SO DO NOT
say the Arab bloodlines is not endurance related!  It is just as related as
what underwear everyone is wearing!  JUST IMHO!  Mary Ann, Tx