Pt.Reyes, CA

Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 18:53:07 -0700
From: Cheryl Newbanks <horsetrails@inficad.com> wrote:

Hey all!

Well my first 50 has got me thinking again (yeah I know I can smell the
smoke too:}  I was wondering if any of you used the electrolyte cookie
mixwithout the electrolytes and add some dried chopped alfalfa to them
for feeding on the trail?  I thought that if I take a 1 lb bag of these
in my pack and feed them to Blue at every water check that he wouldn't
get as hungry as he does eating only at vc's.  My theory is more small
meals as we go and eating at vc may keep his energy level more
consistant. I would add dry chopped alfalfa to the cookie recipe so
there would be more roughage then grains in the cookie.

I also wonder if I put my carbo loader in a cookie instead of giving it
to him in a syringe would the heat from baking it effect the efficiency
of the loader?  Any ideas group???/

                                 Cheryl Newbanks