Re: endurance horse accident?

Donna O'Gara wrote:

> That was the Sunland ride, maybe 3 or 4 years ago. I don't remember the
> horse or rider's name, but everybody was ok. Beautiful horse. As I recall,
> the horse was slightly off and didn't do the ride, and this happened when
> they left. They were hit by a drunk driver as they pulled out of the camp.

On second thought, The horse was pulled at the lunch break on the 50 miler. I
talked to the rider, and she said she had been pulled and was going home. I
wasn't aware of the accident until much later when I heard that it had
happened and that TV cameras had been there. Since I was there with a grey
arab I called my family to reassure them that it hadn't been me. My mom had
seen it on TV, and she was afraid it might have been.

Donna