bloodlines

> Mention was made of the Otts and the BlueList-Blue Star business from way
back
> in the 70's. Those people were BIZARRE to say the least, eccentric
> breeders with a fanatical view of purity-- one could call them the Jihad

I would like to know what is fanatical about purity????

In my understanding, purity, at least for Arabians, is supposed to mean
PURE, 100%, no crosses.

When there are 'Purebred" Arabian horses registered the AHRA that show
"unknown"  and "no recorded history" in their pedigrees that says to me
that the AHRA does not practice what it preaches!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not to mention documented accounts of crossbred horses being registered as
pure....

I am not trashing Skowronek or Bask or ANYONE, but I sure as heck don't see
ANYTHING wrong with people who want BE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT about something,
rather then just "probably right" or "mostly right"

BTW.  Shadowfax, that distroyed the Foxfire camp last week is a BLUE STAR.
He traces in All lines to the ARABIAN desert without question.  He is also
PURE IN THE STRAIN HAMDANI, bred following the Bed traditions that created
and maintained the incredible horses we all love.

After 65 miles, he trashed the camp.  This was an all-out-no-holds-barred
anaerobic, running, bucking and jumping.  He had absolutely no damage to
his legs/tendons etc.  we did 11 more miles, his heart rate was as low as
usual and he checked in almost immediately when we got back to camp.  The
reason we pulled was because of the soreness and bruising from hitting the
trailer.  I am (far from it) bragging about any damage he did, I have
apologized over and over.  But consider what kind of horse could do that
after so many miles...

call me BIZARRE, eccentric, fanatical or whatever, I will say THANK YOU....
 at least I KNOW mine is pure.

Becky Huffman