Re: Stiff hose Stakeout

Nancy Mitts wrote:

> I have seen horses staked out in a similar manner at a pleasure ride camp. My first thought was "If someone does that at an endurance ride the
first horse that
> tangled with that horse sure as anything!"
> Nancy Mitts     Rigged properly,one horse cannot become entangled on a good Field
Trail stakeout-the cable/hose is too stiff,and any loops which partially
form are sprung open automaticaly.Even with two horses,I think you'd see
this situation self-limiting.But,anything's possible with horses.The
rig you've seen may have been poorly done.The key is to have extremely
stiff hose encasing your cable.I have seen a lot of stakeouts that I
wouldn't put a horse on unattended,but the horses on them have done
OK.And gaited Field Trial horses can be pretty hot characters.