Woolback Skito Equalizer

>I have searched the archives and it seems that everyone prefers the
>100% wool next to the horse.  When I recently called the company
>concerning their pads, the person I spoke with said the 65% wool/35%
>poly wicked the moisture away better.

Hi Gabrielle

I can only tell you about my experience.  I have one horse that is really
sensitive backed.  I ride him with a Toklat woolback pad (with equalizer
inserts), and a Sports Saddle.  It works really well on him.  Wool is very
porous, which allows for better air circulation.

I have a less-sensitive backed horse, and have been successful with using a
Cloud Nine (synthetic) pad on him.  Though I haven't done nearly the miles
on him this year...will have to let you know how it holds up to more than
just 50's.

I am quite pleased with the quality of the wool on the Toklat pad (english
nap).  Wash in cold water, with horse shampoo (rinse extra times to make
sure it all comes out), brush with a metal dog brush and it is as good as
new.  I also use the 100% wool Skito pad on the sensitive backed horse and
it works fairly well.  I wouldn't use it on him for anything longer than a
one day 50 though.

Weaver (the sensitive one) had his chiropractic adjustment this morning.
There are no rub (or sore) spots on his back, loins, or anywhere else...the
vet said that he is in *exceptional* shape (he did just do a 100 Saturday),
was very resilient- you could not tell that he has already completed 505
miles this ride season!!

Happy Trails,

Karen
in Gardnerville
(West Region)
& Weaver, stop bragging mom you are embarrassing me!!
& Rocky....should we do Camp Far West or Mt. Charleston??? hmmmmm