Washoe Valley 100

Had a great time this weekend at the Washoe Valley ride.  We lucked out
with decent weather.  Got to ride with a few ridecampers...Pat Fredrickson,
Nick Warhol and Brian Reeves...everybody completed and looked good by this
morning.  I'll let Nick write about the trail and stuff...he does a good
job of that.  <just leave out the part where I got us all lost, okay?>

Oh yeah...we finished within 4 minutes of last years time...guess we're
consistent at least :-).  It is getting a lot easier (100's, that is)...I'm
learning my horse and his abilities and strengths and weaknesses and
getting less stressed.  (well, sort of)  ;^)

Did my horse spook?  At the three deer that jumped out of the brush (on two
separate occasions) and almost collided with us in the dark?  NO!!!  Of
course not, that would have been too obvious.  That didn't even phase
him....what did scare him?  A sign.  One of the in-out signs...that he had
previously passed.  I guess it turned into a monster in the dark.  So after
going 95 miles he actually got a full spin on me!!  I can't remember him
ever doing that...guess he wanted to see if I was still awake.  We did the
last 4 mile loop in under 20 minutes....my husband wasn't even there at the
finish...he thought I'd take at least a half an hour so was still at our
camp when I came over (already done my final vet thru and everything!)
Sheeeesh!!!

Congratulations to Sharon Dolan-Truax and her horse Wes for completing
their first 100 :-))))))).  Our whole team finished...Sharon, Hugh, Gloria
and myself.  See Sharon, I told you...being on a team is good luck!!!!!

Connie did a really terrific job on this ride....the trail was marked the
best I've ever seen...even for night riding :-)).

Happy Trails,

Karen
in Gardnerville
& Dream Weaver...but it WAS a monster!!
& Rocky

P.S.  has anybody noticed in EN that under West Region point standings that
they forgot Trilby????  (unless she qualifies into a division all on her
own) <g>