Re: Kick these Thoughts around!

In a message dated 98-05-02 13:26:50 EDT, bonifarm@oro.net writes:

<< Curious that in all this discussion of "kicking" no one has compared the
 proclivity of mares to kick defensively to that of geldings. I find most
 mares kick more frequently than geldings ever think about it, >>

Although I have seen INDIVIDUAL mares that were definite problems, I can't say
in my experience as both a rider and a ride vet that mares in general are any
more prone to kick.  I grew up riding mares in ranch country, and we never had
a bit of difficulty, either.

Heidi