Re: Needed: Stirrup leathers with low buckle

For anybody trying to avoid the buckle bulge of standard English
leathers, I've had excellent luck using the Wintec Webbers on my Passier
all purpose saddle.  Probably what Linda F. was thinking of, they have a
loop at the stirrup bar end, and just slide on.  They were around $39.

I've been using them for a year now, with Easy Ride stirrups.
Originally I thought that the synthetic material wouldn't be good
against the leather, but my saddle seems just fine, with no apparent
wear on the webbers.

Tried a pair of those leather ones with the buckle at the stirrup like
in the Dover catalog, by sitting on a saddle at the local store.  The
buckles bugged my ankles.

Lynne
and Rem-member Me