Re: saddle shims

Paula,
I had to shim my saddle in front also. I started out just like you, and had
the same problem. But I discovered that my Syd Hill saddle is built so that I
can slip  the shims between the tree and the panels.  This works great!  I
have also found that felt works better than closed cell foam as it does not
compress with repeated use. I have had to replace the foam several times over
the last year.
If your saddle doesnt allow you to do what I did, you could go to a built up
pad, or velcro/ tape the shims to your pad or saddle.  I think it works better
if they are on the saddle, they shift less.
Hope this helps,
Julie and Rayna