Hopi story

I guess I just want to throw my opinion in here.  What Joe says is so
right, everyone rides for different reasons.  I myself, am not
competetive at all.  However my significant other will fight till the
death to win a monopoly game!!  I don't think that Penny meant that
everyone that races for the top ten is rude just that recently we have
heard from some ridecampers  that have been in those situations.
Sometimes though what we think is rude is only someones competetive
instinct or plain ignorance. Just, ride defensively and offensively to
cover all bases and keep smiling!!!!!  Just my humble thought...
Angie, alone in ND!!

OK, I must have missed something here.  How is it that by racing for top
ten (or
1st place or BC) we're being rude?

Also, what is the "reason why we ride and compete?"  Different people
ride and
compete for different reasons and goals.  This is one of the strengths
of our
sport.  We should all respect that other riders may have different goals
and
motivations than our own, neither better nor worse, just different.

--

Joe Long
jlong@mti.net