Re: Hopi story

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998 11:05:26 -0600, Penny McCauley <penny@zianet.com> wrote:

>My opoligies to Steph and the heavies of ridecamp for posting the Hopi
>story. I had felt the story was very much endurance related because when
>we're racing for the top ten positions we are rude not only to others at
>times but to our equine partners as well....and this story brings back
>the reason why we ride and compete.

OK, I must have missed something here.  How is it that by racing for top ten (or
1st place or BC) we're being rude?

Also, what is the "reason why we ride and compete?"  Different people ride and
compete for different reasons and goals.  This is one of the strengths of our
sport.  We should all respect that other riders may have different goals and
motivations than our own, neither better nor worse, just different.

--

Joe Long
jlong@mti.net