Re: Legs swelling

Julie

  I think you probably hit the nail on the head when you mentioned the
change in shoeing.  Do you know what the angles were on your mare when
she had worn off the toes of her shoes and what they are now?  Maybe she
needs to be set up a bit steeper and shod with a rolled toe to ease her
breakover. I would try not to go back to a heel and toe shoe however as
thay can cause more concussion. Could the new shoes be a bit smaller
also?  That could cause less support in the heels and more strain on the
tendons and pastern joint.  Talk it over with your farrier.

Susan Jaeger

Pickardville. AB Canada