Re: Electrolytes

Hi Beth, good questions. Regarding provision of electrolyte supplement
please see my recent postings on ridecamp.

Equine sweat contains 10 times! the amount of salt per liter of water than
does human sweat. This is why electrolyte supplementation is so important
in horses that are performing prolonged exercise. I refer you to studies
published in Equine Vet Journal (may 1995) by L.J. McCutcheon.

All the best, Mike