Re: painting numbers on horses

> What do you have that will preserve it?   Around here that's a STATUS SYMBOL. <snip>
>
> My friend Faith practically used a toothbrush to groom around her numbers
> after her first rides.  She managed to keep one on there all winter!
>
> Angie

I did that, too.  The problem was that at the time, I was boarding at a
very large and snooty hunter/jumper/dressage/polo equestrian center in
L.A. and I was I think the only endurance rider anywhere around, so I
spent ALOT of time explaining that no, I did NOT just buy this horse at
auction, and explaining what endurance is.  After awhile, I figured I
might as well have some fun with it and started telling people the
number signified either 1) the current price I was willing to sell this
sumbeech for; 2) the running total on how many times I'd been bucked
off, or 3) how many pounds I needed to lose before I could ride as a
featherweight.  Some folks figured out I was just yanking their chain,
others didn't (if anyone's wondering, Zsa Zsa Gabor is either the
snottiest woman on earth, the stupidest, or both), but what the heck, it
was all good fun.  But then, I'm pathetically easy to amuse. :-D

Susan Garlinghouse