From: Susan Evans Garlinghouse <suendavid@worldnet.att.net>
To: DreamWeaver <karen@chaton.gardnerville.nv.us>
Cc: ridecamp@endurance.net <ridecamp@endurance.net>; bechack@flash.net
<bechack@flash.net>
Date: Wednesday, April 22, 1998 5:00 PM
Subject: True Life Adventures

>DreamWeaver wrote:
>>
>> >As an OB nurse, people at work laugh when I snarf up on "contaminated"
>> >kotex, the ones that drop on the floor and such.  Pop one or some and
>> >a vet wrap into a ziplock and you have a great pressure dressing.
>>
>> Becky is right...these pads make great bandages.  They have new ones that
>> are individually wrapped and so are much easier/neater to stuff into a
>> saddle bag.  Vetwrap of course is a must.
>

>Well, guys, in a never-ending quest to make Really Sure everything on
>this list is accurate, I'm sorry to say I checked out Kotex and vetwrap
>as pressure bandages all on my very own today.  Ow.  Took Cato for a
>short little clear-the-cobwebs jaunt, wasn't paying attention to what I
>was doing, Cato zigged, I zagged and off I came.  God knows THAT'S not
>so unique, but unfortunately, I came down on a broken bottle and put a
>chunk of it through a hand.  Ow.  Holy God, what a mess.  No permanant
>damage, just alot of suturing in skin and a little muscle, but that
>stuff in the Let's-Go-Riding-In-The-Boonies-and-See-If-We-Can't-
>Kill-Ourselves emergency pack sure did come in handy.  Now that I'm back
>home from the ER, Percodan is coming in even handier.  Did I mention
>Ow?  Although after what happened at the WSFR, I feel guilty even saying
>anything, but still, feeling very sorry for myself, lily-livered
>squeamish coward that I am.  Mostly because it hurts every time I click
>a mouse button, thus restricting what I can do on the computer...now
>THAT'S torture.:-D
>
>On the ride back to the trailer, I dripped on Cato (rather than my
>saddle), so I guess I better go hose him off so as not to frighten the
>neighbors.  Besides, all the dogs keep running over and licking him and
>he's getting annoyed.
>
>Susan Garlinghouse, Kotex Queen

BEGIN:VCARD
N:PLACE;AUSSIE
FN:AUSSIE PLACE
ORG:SHILOH Australian Saddles
TITLE:owner
TEL;WORK;VOICE:425-788-4880
TEL;WORK;FAX:425-788-7361
ADR;WORK:;;14128 292nd Ave. NE;Duvall;WA;98019
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:14128 292nd Ave. NE=0D=0ADuvall, WA 98019
URL:http://www.aa.net/AUSSIEPLACE/
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:aussie@aa.net
END:VCARD