Regarding Farriers

I  must have the worlds best farrier in our area ! He is always on time ,
right down to the minute . He has never rescheduled or cancelled on me , he
has come out on the least amount  of notice on the very rare times that Bo
has lost a shoe , he does all of our young stock [under a year ] for free
as long as we work with them from the beginning , this way down the road he
has nice gentle horses to work with , he is very willing to work with you
on anything that you have a question on , you have to be there when he
comes as he will not let you just tie the horse up and go inside , he wants
you to hold them for him . He also will not raise a hand against them , he
expects you to do the diciplining if any is needed , and he brings us out
doughnuts or deserts EVERY time that he comes out ! I on the other hand ,
have ice tea available at all times , he gets a lunch every time and when
we butcher I always send home beef and lamb cuts with him. this is a very
busy and good farrier very much in demand in our area .But you also need to
look at the other side of the coin , as many bad farriers that are out
there  , there is probably many many more bad horse owners that bounce
checks , aren't there when the farrier comes , expects the shoer to catch
the horse , hold it , and then wait for their money  , etc; !

                                      Drin & Bo
                                      S W Mt.