Re: WW Trailers?

I think the WW is a low-range trailer.  They don't go the extra mile for a
quality product that will last a long time -- that's not their target
market.  They sell inexpensive trailers that more people can afford.  I
have a WW 2H BP I bought new in November.  I bought it because it was in
my price range and I was in a hurry (my first ride was 5 days away and I
had no way to get my horse there, and had been shopping for a good used
trailer for over 3 months with no success).  The steel plating that forms
the bottom of the tack compartment is very very thin, and it started
rusing underneath within a couple of months (granted, I do live in the
rainiest city in America, with horrible humidity, and the trailer is
stored outside).  Hinges & so forth started rusting quickly too.  It was
not caulked completely, especially outside trim & such.  I "overhauled" it
in January, caulking the whole thing with automotive caulk inside & out,
treating the rust with phospho, then painting the underside with Rustoleum
primer, followed by rubberized undercoating for automobiles.  I keep all
moving parts greased & oiled, and I'm careful to clean it thoroughly after
every trip.  I figure if I work hard at keeping it in good order, it will
keep its value fairly well for 5 years or so.

It does tow well, and the suspension system is very good -- much better
than the older trailers I had rented before buying my own.  It's quiet
(probably since it's so new and not much has shaken loose yet :)).

I have no idea about that price, because it depends a lot on the options
installed -- WW trailers have a very wide range of options, from bare
steel inside to wood siding to vinyl-covered padding, no windows or fixed
windows or sliding windows with screens, etc.  The base model (which I
bought) doesn't even have a spare tire or a battery for the breakaway
break (I bought those myself later).  You might try to contact a WW dealer
and see what that trailer would sell for new, which will give you an idea
of its current value.

Check it very well for rust!

Good luck.

Glenda & Lakota