Camping/Lightening

We had a lightening storm go through the Oregon Coast this morning...not
very common here.  As I'm listening to the reverberating rolls of thunder I
realized that even though we camp with our horses alot, we've never had to
do so in a lightening storm.  I'm hoping that some of you will "enLIGHTEN"
me about your techniques!  Do you put the horses in the trailer or tie to
the trailer? (There was an article in this months Equus about a horse
pulling back and breaking loose from the trailer during a lightening storm
and then lost for 2 months.) What about highlining?  Hobbles? What if you
are out on the trail?  I have read all kinds of articles, but I would
really like to hear real life experiences.
Thanks in advance!
Christy
Astoria, OR