Re: first 100

>Well, I've done it....I've actually sent in an entry form
>with the 100 miler block checked....I don't think it's
>really hit me yet :)

Congratulations Tina,
The 100's are twice as much fun as the 50's.......:-)

>I think the only item I really need that's different from my
>current stash is some glowsticks for nite riding....
>
>Any preferences? Ideas? Suggestions?

I use a "camp light".......Teddy sells them.......it's a small flourescent
lamp that runs on 4 AA batteries.
I attach it to the breast collar with electrical tape.  It puts out a soft
glow, doesn't make shadows, doesn't bounce and doesn't seem to  affect the
horse's night vision (or yours).  Lights the trail better than glow sticks and
puts out enough light that you can see low hanging limbs.......The batteries
last about 4 hours  ( I always pack extras) I do have a head lamp that I only
use to check markers for directions.
These lights were highly recommended for the Old Dominion two years ago when
the trail was marked with white lime......no glow sticks, markers or ribbons
:-(   I have been using mine ever since.

>(Please tell me I won't be *twice* as sore after a moderate
>100 as I am from a fast 50)

You won't be, until the next day, when the endorphins (and Aleve) wear off!!!

Cindy Bell
Southeast Region

PS.  PR people and Vets LOVE these lights......they use mine to write on the
score cards....better than a flashlight..