first 100

>>Any preferences? Ideas? Suggestions?
>
>I use a "camp light".......Teddy sells them.......it's a small flourescent
>lamp that runs on 4 AA batteries.

Those are nice...just remember to take the batteries out.  I left mine in
accidentally and it ended up not ever working again :(.  It does give off a
nice amount of light.

One thing that really gives me a boost is to have a full change of clothes
on hand.  Also, anything to help clean up...babywipes, wash clothes,
handtowels.  You're not going to get clean, but it does feel good to put on
fresh clothing. :-)

I made a velcro attachment thingy-majig that goes around my pommel on my
(sports) saddle.  Then, I put some of the self-adhesive velco around my
flashlight.  So I can attach it right there and always know where it is.
It doesn't bounce that way.  During the day I use the velcro to attach my
tailing rope, or the reins if I am wanting to keep them from dropping over
his head while he is grazing.

I try and attach anything to my saddle that I might need in such a way that
I can get to it quickly and easily.  For instance, I have a clip on my hoof
pick and it is clipped right onto one of my d's.  My horse seems to have an
uncanny ability to pick up every loose rock in his hind feet!  I'll also
have a scoop, a sponge, a multi-tool (usually goes on thru the strap that
the water bottle is attached with on the front of the saddle) and on top of
my snugpax in the back (top side) is an easy boot bag.  That is for the
horse :-). It gets filled with treats for him, and electrolytes or
carbo-stuff.  I have modified it by adding a couple of those cord-lock
things (20 cents apiece at fabric store) so I don't have to tie it
shut...just sort of zip and unzip it.  Works great at a trot!

You guys wouldn't believe how much stuff I've got jammed into my snugpax!!
<vbg>  I'm one of those over-prepared types and just can't help myself.

Happy Trails,

Karen
in Gardnerville
& Dream Weaver, next ride--Washoe 100 :-)
& Rocky...gosh what about me?
http://www.greatbasin.net/~sportssaddle