sport saddle pad

<<Has anyone successfully completed 100's and multiday rides with a
sport saddle? If so what kind of pad did you use?  I have a skito pad
but got some loin rubbing with it this winter.  I did use it on a couple
of 50's with no problems last fall. I have a cloud nine saddle pad but
am afraid it would be too hot for summer rides.  Also if you used a
skito pad what size of insert did you use?  Thanks,  Kathy  hoping to go
to Timberon and The Rocky Mt. Ride>>

Hi Kathy,
I've done two one-day hundreds, two multi-day hundreds and lots of 50s
riding in the Sport Saddle and Cloud Nine combination over the last two
years. The trick to controlling the heat is to remove the saddle and pad
immediately upon arrival at the vet check. If it's not too hot, just
loosen the girth and lift the back of the saddle to allow air to
circulate. Experiment to find what elicits the most rapid HR drop. With
the Sport Saddle, I've never had a problem with "heat bumps" or other
types of problems associated with removing a saddle quickly from a warm
horse. At No Frills, vets asked for tack strips at EVERY vet check, so
this could be a trend. (trendlet?) A Skito pad with a sandwich of felt
and foam is recommended by Dr Joyce Harman for the Sport Saddle. About
the rubbing: Sometimes the pads are irritating when new. Try washing it
a few times with a small amount of Armand Hammer or spray with Nature's
Miracle and wash with no detergent.
Good luck.
Bobbie and Fine Print in Maryland