sport saddle pad

Has anyone successful completed 100's and multiday rides with a sport saddle?
If so what kind of pad did you use?  I have a skito pad but got some loin
rubbing with it this winter.  I did use it on a couple of 50's with no problems
last fall.  I have a cloud nine saddle pad but am afraid it would be too hot
for summer rides.  Also if you used a skito pad what size of insert did you
use?  Thanks,  Kathy  hoping to go to Timberon and The Rocky Mt. Ride