WSFR III

We also attended this benefit ride and were extremely impressed with the
volunteers that helped the injured horse as well as trying to keep those of
us in the "dude" line informed as to what was going on.  While I don't know
the full extent of the injuries, I did hear it was a vein, not an artery as
we in the back assumed from the amounts of blood we were seeing.  The horse
had chest and other various assorted cuts.  All in all, a very lucky
animal.  The ride management folks appeared to be so on top of things. The
rider carried his radio so outside contact could be had almost immediately.
 As you can imagine, what would we do in a simialr situation in such a
remote area dominated our conversation most of the way home.

Safe rides to all...
Sharon, West Region