Re: more on high altitudes

In a message dated 98-04-18 02:17:01 EDT, suendavid@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< But anyway, vitamin E is probably not a benefit in horses, at least not
 specifically for altitude adaptation.

Glad you added that last line, Susan--can think of all sorts of other benefits
of vitamin E, but not much help for altitude adaptation.

Barbara, as I mentioned before, the horse has the advantage of a big spleen
full of red cells, as well as many other adaptations that we humans lack, so
he will likely handle the altitude far better than you will.

Heidi