Re: Ticks-ignore 'em.

Hi Raymond,
Here in South Africa we have a similar problem. There are a number of
sicknesess that they cause, from paralasis to breaking down the red blood
cells. Dipping our horses is routine (once a month) in our summer. There
are a number of ways that we do this.  There is a product called Dectomax
which is similar to Ivomec, which is a dewormer as well. The other method
is to spray them with a flumentherin based dip. It's infact not advisable
to pull them off, as the head may stay behind burried in the skin, and an
infection may result. In humans either smear a bit of vaseline over them
and they will die and fall off, or burn them.
Rob.
http://196.7.177.40/aht/