Ticks-ignore 'em.

I'm sorry your son had that problem,but here's another perspective.I
live in the country,and pull stuck-on ticks from myself daily,from March
to November-no exxageration,about two hundred a year.There is absolutely
nothing I can do about this,so I refuse to worry about disease and keep
on pulling ticks.I sometimes get a bit of inflammation at some bite
sites,and sometimes in mid-summer get a bit of malaise that may be
related to ticks.I figure if anyone can get an immunity to these various
tick-borne illnesses,it's me.If I were to do all the things one is told
to do re ticks,that's all I'd be doing all day.I just pick 'em and flick
'em-I don't bother to kill 'em any more.I flicked one(un-stuck-on) as I
logged on a few minutes ago.I don't know where he landed,and I'm not
looking for him.They don't get on my horse much.....I don't mean to be
flippant about this,but I am always in contact with ticks,and I'd rather
die of RMF or Lyme than move from my wonderful place.