Re: Alternative therapies

Since I cant afford a GOOD laser unit-- I did get the Centurion
electro-mag boot.

I have use it for legs ,joints and back problems works very well.
The concept is simular to what Truman posted on the laser freq vs the
power.

However -Truman.. you still need xmW  to penetrate.. ie. those .5mw hand
held units wont go in much more then 1/8 inch.. I will dig out the specs
on the THOR and RESPOND laser..they are very powerfull.. I played with
one and did trigger a number of accupuncture points-in a few seconds

Now the electromag unit uses a fixed strength  pulsed magnetic field..
the magnetic field energy is the intensity  measured in Gz (Gauss)  the
device I have  provides a Gz of 50

The freq of the field- how fast it builds up and drops off   line a sine
wave.. is 2, 15, 30Hz

The freq of cells is based on the Earth's natural freq of 8 to 10Hz
When injury occurs- pain and heat  inflamation occurs- celluar activity
is increased.

If the device is set to a freq of 2Hz, the inflamation process is slowed
down and can be stopped.
This takes TIME and or enough energy to over power the natural cellular
freq.

You use the unit for a given time..  the timer is 30 min. You can use
the 2hz  for up to an hour per session.  2 to 4 sessions per day
The prioities are - Reduce pain and inflamtion  2hz
           Stimulation - to heal 15hz
           Increase Circulation 30hz

After the area is cold and shows no pain  this can take days..
Move up to the 15Hz range . Since this is above the natual freq, the
cellular activity is increased, capilaries dialate and blood flow to the
injured site is inceased. The tissues in this site will show a faster
healing. If heat returns  go back to 2hz. The treatment time is limited
to 15 min  and no more then 30 per day.  For soft tissue repair like
legs

To achive long term healing for bone and thicker tissue  use the 30hz
setting. This increases actviity and you can see the blood capulaies on
the surface expand. The use of this setting has to be limited to 30
minutes. However the book says for bone repair up to one hour can be
used.

I have used this device for soft tissue repair  -high sp pull and leg
filling after a ride.
The sp pull ( G3 lame -from getting stuck in mud bog)--took 4 days to
reduce the filling, also used ice boots .Subject was sound in 2 days.
I used the 15hz range for 3 treatments  one per day for 30 min each.
Went back to easy work in a week after the injury. Sound and stayed that
way.
Did a 2 day 50 2 weeks after the injury.

I use the boot after most rides on all 4 legs for 30 min at the 2hz
setting.

For the sore back-- bad saddle and a horse with a chronic bad back. I
use the 2hz for 2 days and the 15 hz for 2 days and the 30hz for as many
days as I have time.
I found this works as good as a deep massage. The back is fine until I
mess it up again.
(getting an other new saddle).
It does appear that with chiro work and this unit her back is getting
much better and stronger and appears to be less susceptable to damage..
I am working with the saddles I have and assorted padding systems.

I have used the unit on ME more then my horses. They have not had any
problems since the mare pulled the sp.
I use it on my back and my tunnel carple (wrist) problem.. It really
does work

>From the info I have -- they claim the electro mag method is better then
laser and goes deeper and has a longer lasting affect   that is it fixes
the problem better.
In the case of the LED hand helds I agree. But that THOR machine is
reported to be the highest Mw unit on the market and has an assortement
of light freq both  fixed and pulsed.

The Centurion Mini Pulse is $650   used..

I cant afford the laser yet. but some day.. The THOR costs the same as
the Bio-Scan actually less..WHile it does not have a bio-finder device..
with working on the horse and a keen 'feel' of the horse one can find
the spots that need work. I am getting into 'reading ' the energy
flows... the stuff Dr Joyce Harman does.. but on an untrained layman
level..and sort of like Riki.. I have a local Riki type person that is
working with me do this.

I can do the 'pulsing' method.. feel my pulse strength  and scan the
horse with my hand.. when MY pulse gets stronger --not faster that is
the energy hole on the horse..
also I am learning to feel the aura flow. cant see them but I ahve found
problems and fixed them.. its magic and quite weird.. not science...but
if I did not actually see it and do it.. I would say the same thing
''bunk'   same as the first time I saw acupuncture work and
homeopathic.. so an open mind does help  a little digression to another
subject..

I thought I wanted a Bio-Scan.. but now I will wait --
Dont know what I will do with these hi-tech toys..my gang is staying
ok.. except for the soft soled greenies.. I could sure use the laser for
the hoof /sole healing..
Maybe I will offer the units for 'rent' post ride?

I have a number of papers on HOW the electromagnetic field therapy
works. I can try to get them scanned in and send them to ???  but not
now.
I dont think the static magnets do very much -- I tried them on the
horses and me.. I could see no effect --affect.. nada.

just a techie nerd I guess
and  its raining here in TN.. we did not go the rides this weekend...
have work to do in the shop.. like repairs and   also house stuff to do.

RogerR