poison ivey,oak and sumac

I writing this with the people that cut trails in mind. With spring here the lovely poison ivey, oak and sumac have arrived too.  I have found about these poisons the hard way. That when a person crushes the leaf or vine it realeases a surum that is clear and odorless. 2 days ago when working in the yard I had encountered the stuff, I had my gloves on and did not think much of it. I had touched my chin while working. The nexted day my chin was irratated and I did not think much of it. I put my gloves on and went to work. Because of my chin I touched my face with the gloves. Hence I spread the stuff all over the right side of my face. If I had done something as simple as rinsing my gloves and tools the night before I would have a simple case of poison ivey.Since I did not I had to spend $40.00 to go get a shot. Plus half of my face is swollen. So take and extra pair of gloves when cutting trails or rinse hands regular. Wash tools and clothes when finished.
Thank you for your time
DEDE Leon