Re: training/tranquilizers

Nr 2 issue- tranquilizeing to shoe.. why?  would seem there is a need
for -re-schooling..
have you tried the old 'scotch hobble' leg tie up method..
Has to be a way to solve the problem and get shoes on without drugs..??

Nr1   Riding Sat and Sun.. only ride one session per day.. one long and
slow and one short and a little faster.. I would go for long slow on
Sat  about 5 hrs 20 to 25 miles
then about 1 hr on Sun at a good trot with some easy canter.
I would go on Sat am early then late PM on Sun
On fri do ring work  like dressage etc.. softening and bending   bit
giving and leg yielding..stops -- de-spooking  about and hour of ground
work and ring work.. do small jumps-- horsemanship stuff.

Too bad you cant get out on Wed for about an hour.. that would be all he
would need to get in shape for a CTR or LD
Roger R