Re: electrolyte supplementation

> For
> these reasons we also recommend that horses pre-load with 1 to 1.5
> gallons of water with electrolyte supplement 1 to 2 hours  before long training
> rides and before endurance competitions.
I would ask you "how do you administer or get your horse to drink that
much water with electrolyte supplement" as most horses will not touch
water with supplements in it, especially a fit horse.
Did you ever hear of the adage,"you can lead a horse to water but you
can't make him/her drink"?
Carl Meyer D.V.M