What's Ridecamp for?

This is a me2B -  But I think it is on-topic or I wouldn't have posted
this:

I posted a question last Feb at the beginning of the weapons discussion and
I received well over 200 private posts answering my question. TWO HUNDRED
plus, folks! Those of you who were ridecamp subscribers know how many days
were spent on that subject which was not technically in some people's minds
endurance related.

Or was it?

Would you all like to know the real life actual day-to-day outcome of that
episode in my life? Sure you are thinking, nothing right? Wrong. Big time
Wrong:

I now receive 100+ e-mails daily from endurance riders and crews who make
me laugh, advise me and also throw in some serious posts. I have the next 3
ride seasons planned due to one person jumping in (as in taking a risk) to
explain guns to me (I know nothing about guns, okay?) and now we have
jumped off a bridge together and entered the XP2001. We both had thought
about it but now we are gonna do it!! I have people snail mailing me
T-shirt designs. I have people calling me when they haven't heard from me
thinking my computer went down. I am going to crew the Tevis again this
year and another cyberpal and I will ride it in 2000 - finally!

If that particular post had been nipped in the bud on ride camp - I for one
would not have the friends I have made. I would not be as interested in
endurance and I would not be writing this Me2B.

Trish had the guts to point up a lack and now I hope that we can all take
up the slack and get on with endurance riding and laughing.

And I want to tell Glenda, Trish, Heidi and Joe as well as the rest of the
LF who knows who they are, that they are the greatest subgroup that
ridecamp has ever been blessed with. And I want to tell all of you on
ridecamp that we are supporting our very own Samm Bartee across the Sierras
and hope she will let us live vicariously through this adventure. Remember,
it wasn't for the Western States 100 Mile In One Day Trail Ride, would any
of us be here?

And again, thank you Steph, from the bottom of my heart for giving me this
gift.
It may have been the stars for Trish, it may have been El Nino for Steph,
but for a lot of us, it has made us again stop and think and appreciate
each other and what we have.

Thanks for your time.

Cathy Adair and Moe the curly
Ash Grove MO