Stone bruising and poop eating dogs

Hi everyone,

Because everything was so muddy around here, I have been riding
a lot of gravel roads and since the roads were soft I figured I was
ok. But my horse was barefoot and got gimpy on the gravel, so
I have been riding in the mud, which is getting drier. But today
I had my horse shoed and he was very upset about the nails
being pounded in. Since he has always been good about shoeing
we concluded that he is stoned bruised and the pounding hurt.

So, my question to your guys is how long does it take a horse
to get over being stone bruised. Will the shoeing help? I am going
on a trail ride this Sunday and I will be covering 17 miles on gravel.
He was shoed on Tuesday. Will I be ok if I stick to the grassy part
on the side of the road? What do you do about a horse with sore
feet?

Also when I was going through the archives I noticed that some people
were wondering why dogs eat horse and cat poop and what could
they do about it. If anyone want to know some answers, e-mail me
privately since this is not endurance related. If your dog is eating
this
stuff, that is not good.

Lynette