Re: prompting

In a message dated 4/14/98 8:17:58 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
truman.prevatt@netsrq.com writes:

<< Where do you draw the line.  Someone that prerides, prewalked and/or
 predrives the trial making key entries on his/her GPS would have a big
 advantage on those who didn't.  In fact pre riding the trail gives one a
 big advantage.  Solution close the trial to all preriding.

In our zeal to make things fair, why don't we just not let the people with the
great horses compete with us.  We can outlaw Rio, Muffin and all the other
horses because that's not fair.  Of course we have to give Rio and Muffy some
points back because they are both old enough to vote, at least Rio will be 21
next week.  Then we can have different divisions for Arabs and Non arabs.  Of
course we will have to have rules to stop those cheaters who have unregistered
arabs.  Then do we penalize the purebreds as opposed to the 1/2 arabs.  Of
course the great Khazen [AERC Hall of Fame horse] was 63/64 arab and 1/128
standardbred and 1 1/28 Appaloosa.  But he is a registered 1/2 arab.  Should
we penalize the people with the largest crews so the people with no crews can
have a level playing field.  Sorry guys but Becky and Rio with no crew could
beat me by hours if I had a crew person every 1/4 mile.  As a matter of fact,
she has won the ride, taken care of her horse and crewed for me at the last
vet check more than once.  If most people were honest about it, they get beat
because either their horse is not good and/or enough, they are not good and/or
fast enough, they don't really work at going fast and believe me going fast is
just plain work or a huge variety of other reasons.  People don't get beat
because of the size of their crew, helmet radios, cell phones, etc, etc.
Those are just the excuses the whiners use when they don't win  [oops, I mean
be first to finish] -- I don't want to open that Pandora's Box AGAIN.  I
learned my lesson in 1985.  If you want a real laugh, read some of the 1985
issues of EN or Trail Blazer.  Endurance, in my opinion, is the most fun you
can have with your horse.  I have tried showing and a variety of other
disciplines.  Let's just face facts folks, endurance is not and cannot be
"fair".  If you want fair, try another sport.....Maryben