Re: cell phones in packs

I think that bartesc letter sums it up best.  Communication can be a life
saver.Lets have some sense in this and think of the good it will do rather
than any imagined advantages.  perhaps the answer would be for competiters who
have cell phones to be allowed to call for help in emergency situations
without risking dsq.  I haven't been in situations as bad as those but i have
had to lead a horse off the mountain while mine was being ridden by someone
with a broken leg.  It was that or leave her there and ride ahead for help.
She didn't want to be left and didn't want herself or anyone else to ride the
horse who had just fallen on her.  so we got her on mine and we walked out
with me leading her horse.  judy.