GPS QUESTIONS>>HELP!

From: Debbie Zanot
Email: mrwallet@key-net.net

Hi,
I am one of these people that does RTFM,
but sometimes the manual just doesn't address simple questions. I am sure there are savvy GPS operators out there that would like to help me?  I borrowed
a GPS and the owner isn't much help, as he doesn't use it much. I thought it would be useful when adding new trail to measure miliage accurately in those places where you can't access by f-wheeler.
Questions:
I find sattelites and start out riding.
Get into a hollow and the message window starts beeping..Message "Poor Satellite
coverage" Should I mark this position and try to get the miliage thus far or ignore the message until I get on top again??? Do I have to start all over and find sattelites again or will it automatically start tracking again???
Tell me How you use it in situations like this??
Thanks
Debbie Zanot (NE)
Blazing new trails...