Re: Mental Attitude

In a message dated 98-04-14 02:52:42 EDT, natcon@afrox.boc.com writes:

<< Can I improve
 her speed? Am i not doing enough training - or too much? Does she have
 the ability? Help  - I 'm confused ... >>

Hi, Cindy--

It sounds like your mare may have the ability but not the desire, which is
just as bad as having the desire but not the ability.  If I were in your
shoes, I would try a few more non-competitive completions and see if the
desire comes or not.  If it doesn't after a few more rides, this is probably
all this mare will do for you.  You will have to evaluate whether you want to
content yourself with slow completions and keep the mare, or find a horse that
likes the sport.

Heidi