prompting

It seems to me that the rules regarding prompting need to be more
clearly written.   Websters dictionary includes "cue" and
"incite" as meanings for prompt.  If we take rule 6K in an
absolute literal sense we could say that crew giving
words of encouragement or passing along observations of other
competitors was not permissible as it might incite you to
pick up the pace, or just tough it out a little better.  I agree with
Joe that there is nota  substantial difference between using radio
communications and meeting up with your crew at various points during
the race, and I don't think either method of gathering  tactical
information violates the spirit of the event.  What does everyone
else think?
Beth