Re: Body Clipping

The hair is coming off in huge amounts
> and the summer coats are shining!  You can body clip safely at this time of
> year but it probably is not necessary--it will be gone very soon.

I'm a little behind the power curve, but our horses in So Cal are
shedding out pretty quickly, too---I would think that you might even
damage the incoming summer coat if you body clip this late in the year.
Not to mean you're really doing any harm, just that you might not get
such a nice, slick coat as normal.  Carrie, I'd consider putting up with
the furballs for just the next ride or two, and grooming all that dead
hair out instead of clipping.

Just to demonstrate how pathetically easy I am to impress and amaze, I
tried one of those Slick n' Easy grooming blocks last week and BOY, do
they yank out the dead hair!  I usually use rubber Grooma curries and
alot of elbow grease, but Spudnut's show world debut is in two weeks and
my arms are getting _tired_.  Those grooming blocks wear down kind of
quickly, but at $2.25 each, I still think they're worth it, they really
do pull out ALOT of shedding hair in a hurry without irritating the skin
like shedding blades do, or without (quite) the work of a rubber curry.
And they're alot easier to get into little crevices, too, like behind
the ears and jaw.

Seeya,

Susan