Shock Tamer pads

After hearing so many positive reports, I put my first pair of Shock
Tamer full front pads on my mare two shoeings ago with high hopes. She
threw a shoe in the pasture two weeks later but I wrote it off to luck.
My farrier, Bubby Rhoderick, commented that the Shock Tamers tend to
raise the clinches, which could contribute to loose shoes. We made it
around the rock- and mud-strewn No Frills 50 yesterday with all shoes
intact. I must say my mare is moving as freely as she ever has and has
shown no signs of becoming footsore, which she has in the past. So I'll
keep them on for at least another round. We use the pads without
"stuffing" and simply place a small (3/8 to 1/2 inch) hole above the
frog to allow gravel and grit to flow out. This keeps the soles tough,
Bobbie Lieberman and Fine Print in Maryland