cell phones, GPS, etc

I've been reading with great interest the info on GPS's and Cell phones for
safety. I have decided to purchase a GPS from Cabella's. Now, to all you
tech-i-phobes out there. Does anyone make a emergency beacon that can be
carried? I usually ride alone and it used to be that if I didn't return at
a reasonable time, I could depend on my husband to call out the troops.
Now, he's been sent to never-never land to work and I still need to train.
Fear has set in that I'll be dumped and never found. We are mostly out of
cell phone range so any help would be appreciated. This may seem like an
irrational fear, but about 15 years ago, I was dumped. Major concussion and
unconscious resulted in a long recovery. Had the horses not gone home and
my husband gone looking I might still be out there.
Dolores
Braken Schips / entwood Racing Siberians - Morgans Too!
"Authority without domination, Love without subservience, Respect without
fear"