Sidebone

Hi

I have been listening for a while now. I would like to have ideas on a
Sidebone problem.

My horse was a grade 1 lame last May. I pulled her from all riding till
about Oct. Had her X-rayed and found out she had a sidebone.
My vet isn't into endurance animals. But thought the sidebone was not the
problem but maybe a lower tendon hurt. Didn't show on X-ray. I have started
riding  her again with Egg Bar Shoes and pads. We  have been riding pretty
hard because that is the way I  ride. She has been sound so far. We ride
hard dirt roads and have been trotting for hours.

What I would like to know is if I should try to ride 25 mile endurance rides
on  her or not?

My horses are raised here from birth and I keep them till they die. They are
my family! I don't want to ruin her just to be able to compete.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sue
Minnesota