Update: Cosequin Challenge

From: VTC
Email: VTCI@AOL.COM

I apologize to those who are wondering where their rider packets are. An unfortunate traffic accident involving two of our key event personnel on Friday the 13'th delayed mailing until last week. Forty packets were mailed out with the second mailing scheduled for the next day. This second and all subsequent mailings have been postphoned due to unforeseen, but wonderful, circumstances. The FEI sanctioned Cosequin Challenge event is requesting to be sanctioned not as a class "B" but as a class "A" event. The FEI riders will understand the distinction and the impact this will have with regards to our event. This change will also have a slight impact on  ALL competitors of the other events to a slight extent, whether they plan to ride in the FEI event or not. This will be detailed more fully in the new rider packets and in a secondary mailing to those which have already received packets. The new mailing is scheduled for the end of this week.
The competitor response regarding the four Cosequin Challenge Events has been phenomenal. The request to upgrade from a class B to a class A event will undoubtedly have a significant impact regarding competitor interest.
Updated information can be found at the "offical" 1998 Cosequin Challenge Events website at http://members.aol.com/vtci
We hope to have detailed competitor info and event particulars available for download from the website very soon. Trail maps will NOT be issued via the web and will only be sent to competitors. This is necessary due to past trail vandalism in the area experienced by other rides.

Thanks to those of you who have provided moral support, our event is continuing on a course of great success.

President
Virginia Trail Conservatory, Inc.